perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Emailing the form data on submit
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 14:10:28 GMT
Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro wrote:
> On Mon, 17 May 2004 12:44:54 -0400, <Sreeram_Bazaru@bankone.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Can I define a subroutine in embperl and call it when the submit
>> button is clicked..? How do I do event handling in embperl (or
>> modperl)..?

Another example can be found in the Embperl distribution under

eg/x/input.htm

you also might take a look at Embperl::Mail which let you create mails by
embeding Perl into the text

Gerald

>> Thanks,
>> Sreeram
>
> Web applications are different from common apps. I will give you a
> simple example but if you intend to build a more complex application
> you will have to learn a lot more.
>
> In your Embperl page, test.epl:
> [!
> use Mail::Sendmail;
> !]
> [-
> $req = shift;
> -]

> [$ if ( $fdat{send} ) $]
> [-
> %email = (
> To => "me@provider.com",
> From => "mailer@site.com",
> Subject => "Form data",
> Body => "New post:\n\nName: $fdat{Name}\nAge: $fdat{Age}",
> );
> -]
> [$ if ( sendmail(%email) ) $]
> [$ else $]
> <h2>Sorry, could not deliver your message</h2>
> [$ endif $]
>

> [$ else $]
>
> <form action="test.epl">
> Name: <input type="text" name="Name" />
> Age: <input type="text" name="Age" />
> <input type="submit" name="send" value="Send now" />
> </form>
>
> [$ endif $]

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Besuchen Sie uns auf der KOMCOM 2004 in Mannheim
25. bis 27. Mai 2004  Stand K11a   www.komcom.de