perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Doug Rayner" <dray...@savicom.net>
Subject Difference between %udat and %sdat?
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 15:04:01 GMT
I would like to share state between the application object and code on
individual template pages for the duration of a request. I'm not sure what
the best way to do this is.

I considered using %udat, but this causes an unnecessary storing of the
session object at the end of the request.  I see there is a another "state"
object (%sdat), but I'm not sure what the intended use of this is, or how
%sdat differs from %udat.

I don't see any properties on the application object itself that seem
intended for this purpose.  Is the application object a hahs reference?
Could one add new hash keys to it if one desired?

Any suggestions welcomed...

Thanks and regards,

Doug Rayner
Senior System Architect
Savicom: Next Generation eMail Marketing
http://www.savicom.net
(415) 617-9006