perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Ben Kim <b...@coe.tamu.edu>
Subject Just an observation - content type
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 02:52:09 GMT

I had a few pages outputting csv files which used to work. (caused the
browsers to ask if to open or save) I had this header.
  $http_headers_out{"Content-type"} = "application/vnd.ms-excel";

But from some time ago, they just began to show on the browser like a
plain text file would.

Then we found that replacing the above with this line made them work
again.
  $req_rec -> content_type ('application/vnd.ms-excel');

We would have made some changes in configuration but couldn't track the
cause down. Just an observation, in case anyone has a ready comments.

Regards,
Ben Kim