perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Angus Lees <...@inodes.org>
Subject Re: I don't understand 'Execute' loading
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2004 02:53:44 GMT
At Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:53:52 -1000, Beau E. Cox wrote:
> In lower-level directories, I want to use the same object. Thinking
> the "../" was 'magic' to Execute (it would search up from the
> current directory to the top looking for the object), I tried:

Path searching only happens automatically when running under
Embperl::Object.  Are you using Embperl::Object, or vanilla Embperl
pages?

With Embperl::Object, a default search path is supplied consisting of
all directories from the page actually requested, up to where Embperl
finds the "base" file.  In Embperl::Object "../$foo" means start
searching from where you currently are in the search path (used to
find "superclasses").

Without Embperl::Object you can supply an explicit search path and
still get these features.  See "Embperl_Path" in the Embperl::Config
manpage.

--
 - Gus