perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Hoenie Luk <aired...@theearth.com>
Subject Re: $fdat not working when using POST
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:44:37 GMT
Hello Dan,

I was the original author of that message.

It turned out that there was a hidden .htaccess file in my /www directory.
In that file, there is a line that forbid submitting by POST. Once a delete
the .htaccess file, POSTing worked again.

I did not put the .htaccess file there -- that's why I was surprised to
find it there. Looking through the .htaccess file, it appeared to be
related to Frontpage server extension. I think it was one of the tons of
files that were put there by my web host when I asked to have Frontpage
server extension set up.

I hope this is the same situation for you, although it may be a long shot.

Keep us posted as to your resolution to this problem.

......Hoenie