perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject Re: new DBIx::Recordset maintainer requested
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:21:37 GMT
At 4:26 PM +1100 3/23/04, Angus Lees wrote:
>Whatever came of the "Can't upgrade that kind of scalar" errors with
>DBIx::Recordset and perl 5.8?
>
>Did you ask the perl core guys what they wanted to do with it?

I posted to the core maintenance folks.  I haven't been tracking it
lately, however the conclusion appeared to be that the fix was going
to require a binary incompatibility, which meant that it couldn't
appear in any 5.8 release.  (The return structure isn't big enough to
hold the necessary information.)  At the time they were talking about
putting it into a 5.9 release.  I know that 5.9.1 is out in beta
right now, I don't know if that particular fix is however.

>(I'm wondering whether the current "using globref as both arrayref and
>hashref" approach has a future at all..)

I believe so.  Nobody appeared to be arguing for discarding the
ability to return a glob.  The conversation could have turned
elsewhere, but if so I wasn't cc'd.
http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/cgi-bin/w3glimpse/perl5-porters?query=nazgul%40somewhere.com&errors=0&case=on&maxfiles=100&maxlines=30

I just tried searching the bug database, but I don't have a ticket
number for it and couldn't turn it up under anything quickly.

http://rt.perl.org/rt3/
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/         Next Generation Spam Defense