perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Oliver Brandt <the.unchallen...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Design decision / embperl or mason? :-)
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:50:05 GMT
Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro schrieb:

> What exactly do you mean by real big? Give some numbers and maybe some
> of the list members may help.

to give you a glue what I'm talking about I'll try to tell
you something aboutthe features of the application:
- user login (session management)
- editing and of course creating a user profile
- personalized user profile (differend colors, fonts - ok, CSS is my friend
    but also should be stored in a database)
- creating a user specific page with personalized information
    (calendar/reminder function, picture, birthdate etc)
- sending and recieve short messages (called SMS for GSM phones)
    to/from other users if they have an account in my portal)
- sending little messages to other users (inbox/outbox - own
    messaging system, not based on pop/smtp!!!)
- creating own little "information channels" I mean messages that
    should be posted at the personlized site of other users if they
    supscript to these "information channels" from other users
- uploading pictures
- wide database searches, searching for other users and content
    (DBIx::Recordset :-)

> I work with Embperl in many projects and I don't see why it would not
> fit in yours.

One of the most important things for me is the MVC - pardigm because
I want to separate content and logic. How can I implement this method
with embperl? (Because embperl is embedding perlcode in HTML) It's more
the JavaServerPages/Java Beans concept I prefer. Only snippets of
perlcode in
my HTML and behind that the more logical stuff if needed.

> Some time ago someone posted the results of a performance
> comparison between Embperl, PHP, Mason and others (maybe someone can
> post it again).

I know that embperl performs very good and I know this
comparison because I read the mailinglist for about 1 year :-)
So I know that embperl's performance is really good (Thanx to gerald :-)

> Gerald have already said that Embperl 2 is ready for production
> systems.

I know this too but thanx for your information and feedback.
I appreciate :-) Any additional questions about the application, luiz?

Regards Oliver

--
  /"\		mailto:the.unchallenged@gmx.de
  \ /		http://www.the-unchallenged.de