perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Terrence Brannon <metap...@urth.org>
Subject Re: new DBIx::Recordset maintainer requested
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:08:26 GMT
Angus Lees wrote:

>Whatever came of the "Can't upgrade that kind of scalar" errors with
>DBIx::Recordset and perl 5.8?

Here is the URL to the root of the thread you are talking about:

   http://www.ecos.de/~mailarc/embperl/2004-01/msg00064.html

>Did you ask the perl core guys what they wanted to do with it?

I never made such a promise...did you ever post the patch you wrote
about here:

<quote>

I've just spent the last few days hacking around this.  The solution I
came up with (I'll post the patch on tuesday or so) was to make links
always return an array ref (tied to DBIx::Recordset), rather than the
full glob.

</quote>

>(I'm wondering whether the current "using globref as both arrayref and
>hashref" approach has a future at all..)

There is a nice Perl package called Object::Multitype that allows for an
object to be used as an array and hash without the glob issues... but it
is bound to be slow.