perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro" <l...@engenhosolucoes.com.br>
Subject Re: [Embperl 1.3] Can't acces .epl-Files
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:53:22 GMT
Otto Lang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem with embperl 1.3 / apache 1.3.26 on Debian Woody. I
> installed all packages with Debian's apt-get and configured apache with
> the following options:
>
> <Virtual Host *>
>  ServerName www.wean.at
>  <Directory /var/www/wean>
>   <FilesMatch ".*\.epl$">
>    SetHandler perl-script
>    PerlHandler HTML::EmbperlObject
>    Options +ExecCGI
>   </FilesMatch>
>  </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Everything runs wonderful, except Embperl. When I try to access a file
> called ``test.epl'' the browser brings the 404-Error and in the error log
> file there is the entry
>
>     [error] EmbperlObject searched ';/var/www/wean/htdocs'
>
> But the file is in the right place and has the correct rights. Does anyone
> know where the failure is?

Hi,

To use EmbperlObject you have to add other directives also, try the
following:

PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE base.epr # Your template file here
PerlModule HTML::Embperl

<Files *.epl>
	SetHandler perl-script
	PerlHandler HTML::EmbperlObject
	Options ExecCGI
</Files>

and optionally use
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_ADDPATH "/my_components_folder"

to use common repository for your site.

--
Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro
Engenho Soluções para a Internet