perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Justin Harrison" <jus...@astyrrian.com>
Subject Random errors
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 19:18:27 GMT
Hi,

I've experienced a lot of very erratic very strange unpredictable behavior
using Embperl. It is absurd.

Here is the latest:

"accountdetailsform" is not exported by the rules module at
/home/zo/zo/site/accountdetails_template.zoweb line 4
[Fri Feb  6 14:09:11 2004] [error] [1713]ERR:  24:  Error in Perl code:
Can't continue after import errors at
/home/zo/zo/site/accountdetails_template.zoweb line 4
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted       (in cleanup) Can't continue after
import errors at /home/zo/zo/site/accountdetails_template.zoweb line 4
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/home/zo/zo/site/accountdetails_template.zoweb line 4.

If I refresh the page twice, or *goes away*. In the past a lot of these
issues have been problems between different Apache child processes and
module importing/scoping issues.

This is the code in accountdetails_template.zoweb:

[- use lib '/home/zo/zo/site'; -]
[- use rules qw(accountdetailsform); -]
[- use Embperl::Form::Validate -]
[- $epf = new Embperl::Form::Validate(&accountdetailsform,"accountdetails")
-]

And in rules.pm:

package rules;

require Exporter;
@ISA            =       qw(Exporter);
@EXPORT_OK      =       qw(accountdetailsform);

sub accountdetailsform {
return([
        [-key => 'username',
        -name => 'Username',
        emptyok     => 1,
        -msg => 'The Username entered was too long.',
        length_max =>'15',
        ],

        [-key => 'emailaddress',
        -name => 'Email Address',
        emptyok     => 1,
        -msg => 'The Email Address entered was too long.',
        length_max =>'75',

        ],

        [-key => 'zonenickname',
        -name => 'Zone Nickname',
        emptyok     => 1,
        -msg => 'The Zone Nickname entered was too long.',
        length_max =>'15',
        -msg => 'The Zone Nickname may not contain a plus',
        must_not_contain => '+',
        ],

]);
}

All of my pages which use a similar loading mechcanism encounter these
problems, and refreshing twice resolves them. I'll try running the web
server in single-process mode to see what happens.

Any ideas?

Justin