perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Pete Moran <p...@forloop.co.uk>
Subject Shared Memory
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 05:29:48 GMT
Hi all and happy new year !!!!

I am trying to pre-compile the common Embperl html pages in my mod_perl
startup script - but always throws a error.  A simple version (where
just one file is compiled is attached).  If I run the script by hand
(obviously removing the GATEWAY_INTERFACE stuff) it runs fine.  However
when executed at apache startup I get the following error

"ERR:  56: : Unknown Provider eprun"

Script follows

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use lib "/var/website/modules";
use strict;
# check the environment var to see if mod_perl is on
$ENV{GATEWAY_INTERFACE} =~ /^CGI-Perl/ or die "GATEWAY_INTERFACE not
Perl!";

use Apache::Status ();
use Apache::Registry ();
use Apache::RegistryLoader ();
use Apache::SizeLimit;
use Data::Dumper;
use CGI (); CGI->compile(':all');
use Embperl;

#### BIG NOTE!
#### Make sure Apache::DBI is use'd before DBI. Otherwise persistent
#### connections don't work!
use Apache::DBI;
$Apache::DBI::DEBUG = 2;
$Apache::AuthDBI::DEBUG = 2;
use DBI;
use MD5;
use serverspecific;

$Apache::SizeLimit::MAX_PROCESS_SIZE = 32*1024; # Max Proc size 32MB

my ($data_source, $db_user, $db_password) =
serverspecific::get_dbinfo();
Apache::DBI->connect_on_init( $data_source,$db_user,$db_password,
        {
        PrintError => 1, # warn() on errors
        RaiseError => 0, # do not die on error
        AutoCommit => 1 # do not commit all executes imediately
        }
);
Embperl::Execute ({ inputfile  => '/var/website/htdocs/404.html',
                    outputfile => '/tmp/output'});

I have tried various configurations - attempted a similar configuration
seen on the mailing list- but to no avail.  I am using Embperl 2.0b9

Any suggestions ??

Regards

Pete