perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Angus Lees <...@inodes.org>
Subject Re: Howto disable embperl log?
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:06:12 GMT
At Tue, 09 Dec 2003 18:53:38 +0200, Michael Stepanov wrote:
> I try to use Embperl module in my command line script and
> when I run it I see message:
>
> [24611]ERR:  26:  Logfile /tmp/embperl.log open error: Permission denied
>
> Could anybody help me, how can I disable to use Embperl log
> file if I call this module from command line script (not via
> Apache)

"embpexec -d 0" might do the trick, else you can also try "-l /dev/null"

This was something I meant to mention before.  It'd be really good to
have EMBPERL_DEBUG default to 0 rather than 1 (and not create
/tmp/embperl.log when debug==0 of course - I forget what embperl does
in this case)

I remember being very surprised that embpexec created /tmp/embperl.log
by default (and died if embperl.log had already been created by a
different uid).

I'd provide the one liner patch, but I can't find exactly where the
default is set right now ;)

--
 - Gus