perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Terrence Brannon <metap...@urth.org>
Subject Re: DBIx::Recordset andLongNames error
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:43:50 GMT
Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

>I've run into an error with DBIx::Recordset and !LongNames. My query involves
>several tables:
>
>so_invoicebatch LEFT JOIN so_invoice USING (batchnr)
>      LEFT JOIN so_orderhead ON (so_invoice.ordernr=so_orderhead.ordernr)
>      LEFT JOIN co_custaddr_v USING (contact_id)
>      LEFT JOIN co_country USING (country_id)

Do you have the SQL that created these tables?.
Do you have any sample data?
Did you set $DBIx::Recordset::Debug to 4 and log the output?

    *DBIx::Recordset::LOG = \*LOG ;
    $DBIx::Recordset::Debug = 5 ;

Are you using the new !Query method of inputting full SQL or are you
!TabJoin or !TabRelation? Where is your code?
Can I run it somehow?

>and there are duplicated column names between the tables. So I turn !LongNames
>on, but then the values don't match the columns!! E.g. order total ends up as
>status!
>With LongNames turned off, the values match. I've tried both the CPAN version
>and 0.25 from Terence Brannon.
>
>I'd really like to be able to use table aliases, will this be in the future
>path for DBIx::Recordset ?

I think Angus Lees creates such a patch... I think I missed when
upgrading Recordset though... Angus?

>Also, will the above query be updatable with DBIx::Recordset ?

do you mean will recordset update across multiple tables? I can't remember.