perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Terrence Brannon <metap...@urth.org>
Subject DBIx::Recordset : MySQL 2.9003 backquotes table names by default?
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:04:32 GMT

running the below program show that table names are quoted automatically
under MySQL-4.016 and DBD::mysql 2.9003.
This wasn't happening about 2 weeks ago when I ran the entire test suite
and it passed.

needless to say, this is causing some problems with the MySQL part of
the test suite, when checking that all tables that were
supposed to be created were created. We can code around it in the test
suite, but it would be nice to have some way of turning
off this feature.

use DBI;

my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:mysql:test') or die $!;

warn $dbh->tables;
warn $DBD::mysql::VERSION;

  ~/hacks/dbirs/eg $ perl small.pl
`dbix_rs5``dbix_rs6``dbixrs1``dbixrs2``dbixrs3``dbixrs4``dbixrsdel``dbixseq`
at small.pl line 5.
2.9003 at small.pl line 6.
        ~/hacks/dbirs/eg $