perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kaare Rasmussen <...@kakidata.dk>
Subject DBIx::Recordset andLongNames error
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:13:17 GMT
I've run into an error with DBIx::Recordset and !LongNames. My query involves
several tables:

so_invoicebatch LEFT JOIN so_invoice USING (batchnr)
      LEFT JOIN so_orderhead ON (so_invoice.ordernr=so_orderhead.ordernr)
      LEFT JOIN co_custaddr_v USING (contact_id)
      LEFT JOIN co_country USING (country_id)

and there are duplicated column names between the tables. So I turn !LongNames
on, but then the values don't match the columns!! E.g. order total ends up as
status!
With LongNames turned off, the values match. I've tried both the CPAN version
and 0.25 from Terence Brannon.

I'd really like to be able to use table aliases, will this be in the future
path for DBIx::Recordset ?

Also, will the above query be updatable with DBIx::Recordset ?

Howitzvej 75               Åben 12.00-18.00        Email: kar@kakidata.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 12.00-16.00       Web:      www.suse.dk