perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Hans de Groot <ha...@dandy.nl>
Subject Re: memory usage
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:44:21 GMT
Hi,

I am using 1.3.6. and apache 1.3.27

Wel it keeps getting bigger with one page. When I reload it or click through it
it keeps growing.

To ask a beginners question:

if I make a silly script like this:
------
[*
open F,"</tmp/largetextfile.txt";
while(<F>)
    {
    $data.=$_;
    }
close(<F>);
$counter=0;
while ($data =~ s/image.jpg/$counter.jpg/)
   {
    $counter++;
   }
*]
[+$data+]
--------

Do I need to empty the vars used or if every thing works okay this should not
cause my apache process to grow all the time? (if this is the only page in the
server)

Than an other question
I installed embperl a while ago, with storable and apache session and made the
session database.

What is the properway to cleanup the session database? Right now I just delete
the content of the session table but this also deletes the sessions of the
current users, which is a it rude.

Regards

Hans de Groot

Met vriendelijke groet,