perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject Re: HTML::EmbperlObject and @ISA corrupted HTML::Embperl::Req...
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 21:20:53 GMT
>The "@ISA corrupted" error has been the bane of my existence for
>several years now, but I think I've finally nailed it.

Not surprisingly, not one minute after posting that I discovered a problem.  Although everything
works, I'm still getting the corrupted @ISA error.  This is the more surprising because although
it *claims* not to be a child of HTML::Embperl::Req, it's able to call all of the parent methods.
 In fact, some experimentation showed that after doing all the @ISA modification, UNIVERSAL::isa($r,
$class) returns false for all classes except the class of $r itself--whether they are direct
base classes, or several generations off.

My guess is that there is a bug in Perl (I'm using 5.6.0) that is causing the method cache
to not become invalidated.  Everything works, you just get the warning.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/         Next Generation Spam Defense

everyone else's.