perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject DBIx::Record set and SELECT f1.* FROM foo as f1, foo as f2...
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 04:03:30 GMT
Has anyone made that work?  I tried setting !Table or !TabJoin to
"foo as f1, foo as f2" but all did not work well.  I finally patched
DBIx::Database to handle table aliases, and that seems to work fine.

On a related subject, there is a value '*MainTable' which always
seems to be the same as '*Table'.  I'm guessing that in joins it
ought to be the first table, and then in places where -label behavior
is being examined, it should use MainTable instead of Table.  But I'm
just guessing.  Of course if that's the case, then it ought to be set
by default to the first table in the !Table list, and it ought to be
possible to override it.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/         Next Generation Spam Defense