perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Terrence Brannon <metap...@urth.org>
Subject Re: DBIx::Record set and SELECT f1.* FROM foo as f1, foo as f2...
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:48:12 GMT
Kee Hinckley wrote:

> Has anyone made that work?

http://princepawn.perlmonk.org/cgi-bin/se.com/wiki.cgi?RecordsetUpgradePath

Patch #4 by Angus Lees:

.#4 fully-qualifying column names and column alias patch (angus lees) .
+ http://www.ecos.de/~mailarc/embperl/2002-01/msg00006.html
<http://www.ecos.de/%7Emailarc/embperl/2002-01/msg00006.html>

> I tried setting !Table or !TabJoin to "foo as f1, foo as f2" but all
> did not work well.  I finally patched DBIx::Database to handle table
> aliases, and that seems to work fine.

looks like you need an svn account too :)

> On a related subject, there is a value '*MainTable' which always seems
> to be the same as '*Table'.  I'm guessing that in joins it ought to be
> the first table, and then in places where -label behavior is being
> examined, it should use MainTable instead of Table.  But I'm just
> guessing.  Of course if that's the case, then it ought to be set by
> default to the first table in the !Table list, and it ought to be
> possible to override it.

.#5 multiple links between tables patch (angus lees) . +
http://www.ecos.de/~mailarc/embperl/2002-02/msg00058.html
<http://www.ecos.de/%7Emailarc/embperl/2002-02/msg00058.html> . + NOT
applied at present. It is not a complete fix.

If you read the link above, you will see that Gerald mentions that a
complete solution would require a hefty rewrite.