perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Michael (Micksa) Slade" <mic...@knobbits.org>
Subject Re: bug report for 1.3
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:23:21 GMT

> I think your approach in using EmbperlObject is not correct.
> If you have components that need to be "casacaded" trough a directory
> tree its better to isolate them out of the "template" page.
>
> The template should have all the needed "Executes" to these components
> and don't forget the magical Execute('*') to include the requested
> page. But don't reference back the parent's template the way you are
> doing.

[snip]

Okay, um... well I moved the "cascaded" parts out of the
EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE file, and the bug magically went away.

Freaky.

But am I really using EmbperlObject wrongly?  Or is this a style thing?

Oh well, I have a fix/workaround now, at least.  I might try and figure
out what's going on here... it's been a LONG time since I last used gdb
*sigh*

Mick.