perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Wim Kerkhoff <...@nyetwork.org>
Subject apache shutdown errors
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 23:23:41 GMT
Hi All,

I've just resubscribed to the list since I'm working on an Embperl-based
project, the first serious one in many months.

I'm using a compiled version Apache/mod_perl/Embperl2 on RH9. Here is
the HTTP server string:

Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) Embperl/2.0b9 mod_perl/1.27 mod_ssl/2.8.14
OpenSSL/0.9.7a

When stopping Apache (via apachectl stop), the following line appears
about 30 times in the error log:

Attempt to free unreferenced scalar during global destruction.

This happens even when stopping Apache immediately after starting it.

I did some Google searches, and found postings from other mod_perl users
who had no idea where it was coming from.

I switched from 'PerlModule Embperl' to a startup.pl with the following:

use Apache;
use DBI;
use DBD::Pg;
use Apache::Session;
use Apache::SessionX;
use Apache::Session::Store::Postgres;
use Embperl;
use Embperl::Object;

But that didn't help either.

Everything is working fine, include the sessions, but it would still be
nice to clean up this error.

 Ideas, anyone?

Wim