perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Jochen Topf <joc...@remote.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic Embperl
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:30:38 GMT
On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:14:08AM +0100, Andre Landwehr wrote:
> >    (But it is sort of ugly, because if something changes you always have
> >    to rewrite the Apache config file, so if somebody has a better
> >    solution, please tell me :-)
>
> cool idea to use mod_rewrite, I hadn't thought of that yet. For
> mod_rewrite you can specify regular expressions so you won't have
> to rewrite the config file that often. Sth. like the following
> (untested, most probably won't work since I never really used
> mod_rewrite):
> RewriteRule ^(/foo/bar/baz)(.*)$ /$0/process.epl?path=$1

Yeah, I know about that, but it still means I have two places (httpd.conf
and the Filesystem) where I have to change things when something
changes. And every time I do this I forget to change the httpd.conf,
wonder why it doesn't work and then smack my head and fix it. :-)

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen@remote.org  http://www.remote.org/jochen/  +49-721-388298