perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Andre Landwehr <andre.landw...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Dynamic Embperl
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:14:08 GMT
On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:46:04AM +0100, Jochen Topf wrote:
> a) Compile something out of the database into Embperl. If it is only
>    Perl code you can just use eval, but with Embperl code its another
>    problem. I have no idea how to do this but maybe somebody else can
>    help.

You could use that little script deployed with embperl which
compiles pages offline (embpexec.pl or sth, I don't remember the
name) and invoke it in backticks, but that is really really slow
of course

>    (But it is sort of ugly, because if something changes you always have
>    to rewrite the Apache config file, so if somebody has a better
>    solution, please tell me :-)

cool idea to use mod_rewrite, I hadn't thought of that yet. For
mod_rewrite you can specify regular expressions so you won't have
to rewrite the config file that often. Sth. like the following
(untested, most probably won't work since I never really used
mod_rewrite):
RewriteRule ^(/foo/bar/baz)(.*)$ /$0/process.epl?path=$1

Andre