perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: DBIx::Recordset - DataSource => $DSN fails in test.pl
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 05:31:52 GMT
Terrence Brannon wrote:
> *** I plan to fix this my using the created $dbh in DoTest()
> throughout test.pl instead of passing $DSN to each independent
> Search() call, but thought I would report this.

$DSN is intentionaly passed to every Search. This normaly causes to have not
only one database connection (which seems the problem for Pg). This is done
to get a fresh start for a new test and not any cached values from the
previous test.

> I am further down in
> the test suite,
> getting it to truly pass for DBD::Pg, and have run across this error:
>
> Select dbixrs2.name2 id=id...
> WARN: DBI connect('dbname=test','metaperl',...) failed: could not
> connect to server: Address already in use at
> blib/lib/DBIx/Recordset.pm line 203

This seems to be the same problem, that Pg allows not two connections at the
same time. There are places in the test which uses two connections, one for
updateing and one for verfying, otherwise you can't make sure that things
are really written to the database and not only held in memory be
DBIx::Recordset

Gerald