perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Shared sessions
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:05:09 GMT

> I have an authenticated session for a browser window that is
> navigating the site built with Embperl::Object.  I would like to use
> a popup browser window for a helper "applet".  I would like to have
> the popup window safely share the session with the parent window.
> Not sure how to do that...

If your applet window is loaded from the same directory or a subdirectory
the browser should send thecookie and Embperl is able to handle the session
data and put itsomehow in the page to pass it to your applet. You could also
use Embperl_Session_Cookie_Path and set it so that you are sure your popup
receives the cookie

Gerald