perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Input Escaping (was:Shared sessions)
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 07:30:17 GMT
Hi,

> I wonder if I could ask you a couple of other questions?

Of course you can ask questions, but the right place to do this is on the
embperl mailing list.

>  We are
> testing with the lastest stable release (1.3.6):
>
> 1) I had trouble opening/reading a file in a [- -] block in a
> template.  The code looked something like this:
>
> [-
>   if (open(QFILE, "<path>")) {
>     while (<QFILE>) {

You need to set the option optRawInput in your httpd.conf

> [-
>   $escmode = 0;
>   $extraOption = '<option>c</option>';
> -]

Same problem here.

optRawInput turns of the unecsping on the input side (which is necessary for
html editors like frontpage or dreamweaver). In 1.3 input unescaping is on
by default, this changed in 2.0 where it is off by default.

Gerald