perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Segmentation fault
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 07:20:47 GMT

>> Perl itself has some trouble with your $$searchdata.
>>
> Hmm, is there any way I can find out which part of perl (short of
> recompiling perl with debugging turned on)?

Maybe this helps, but I think you will not get much more information. I
think somehow the content of $$searchdata is corrupted, so Perl cannot
access it. I guess the problem is somewhere in the interaction of Perl and
Embperl

>> or try to change the way $$searchdata is
>> initialized/declared (I can#t say much about this, because I can't
>> see what else you are doing in your code)
>>

> The data is POSTed to a CGI which parses it, puts it into a hash,
> decides which Embperl page to call and then calls that with

I first try to make a copy into a global and pass a reference to this
global. This is to try to find out what data is corrupted and maybe make a
copy before it gets problematic and use this copy.

>  HTML::Embperl::Execute({inputfile => "$HTMPLDIR/searchresults.htmpl",
>                           output    => \$output2,
>                           param     => [ $form, $datahash ]});
>
> with $form containing the reference to the form hash. The Embperl page
> starts with
>
> [- ($searchdata, $datahash) = @param; -]

TRy

@temp = @$searchdata ;
$seachdata = \@temp ;

You might do something similar before the Execute. I don't know if this
helps, it's just a try.

> One of the things I found odd about the gdb output were the non-ASCII
> characters in line 10:
>
> #10 0x42d53c3a in EMBPERL_EvalOnly (r=0x894a488, sArg=0x8951e80
> "¼A\232\b\230A\232\b_IMGDIR} || a", ppSV=0x89f23b4, flags=0,
> sName=0x89a4060 "ü¾\237\b") at epeval.c:574

This looks more a like problem of gdb. Sometime gdb cannot display the
correct values, because of compiler optimizations, because in line 9 the
correct value is displayed again.

Gerald