perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: DBIx::Recordset and POE
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:56:47 GMT
Hi,

> Anybody here with experience in using DBIx::Recordset with POE ?
>
> I want to write a POE-server to serve data from a database using
> DBIx::Recordset.
>
> I wonder if I have to be concerned with time consuming database
> queries in this concept. I'm worried that POE will not service
> requests while a database query is being processed, but I'm not sure
> if this is a problem or not.

Yes, this would be a problem. Your POE server will not serve any request
while a database query is happening. There is a DBI module for POE, which
spawns a subprocess, so the main POE server is still responsive. I think you
have to bring this POE DBI module and DBIx::Recrdset together to really take
advantage of POE

Gerald