perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Vijaya Dasari" <...@zim.mpg.de>
Subject RE: Problem with Escaping data
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:37:58 GMT
Hi,

The variable is set in the http.conf file as
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0

I tried printing the value of ESCMODE, this is fine, it is shown as we
set in the conf file.

And I tried setting $escmode=1 locally at the time of form generation.
The encoding of the double quotes works fine, but the data in the
variables is loosing the Unicodeness.

(the data comes from a Unicode database, and we are using perl 5.8.0 and
the page content-type is set to UTF8 ).

Thanks,
Vijaya.