perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Angus Lees <...@debian.org>
Subject Re: DBIx::Recordset status
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2003 03:41:52 GMT
At Thu, 2 Oct 2003 17:41:36 -0700, Terrence Brannon wrote:
> The Perl object-oriented Persistence group (poop-group@sourceforge.net), has
> stated that their list of reviewed modules will drop DBIx::Recordset within
> six months unless it appears that the module is being maintained (ie, new
> releases are made).

<aside>

I find it interesting that they only consider code worthwhile if its
not finished yet..

I really don't get this "newer is better" philosophy that is so
prevalent in new-age computing circles.  From what I can see, "being
new" is a point *against* the quality of a piece of code.

</aside>

> But they were wondering if a new release were coming out or if there were
> any outstanding bugfixes/features to be done to the code.

I've accumulated quite a few bugfixes from various sources.  I
seriously recommend anyone distributing DBIx::Recordset look over
them, they should be trivial to separate from the Debian-specific
packaging parts:

 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libd/libdbix-recordset-perl/libdbix-recordset-perl_0.24-7.diff.gz

The debian/changelog file (and http://bugs.debian.org/<number> where a
bug number is given) should give details about each patch where its
purpose isn't already obvious.

--
 - Gus