perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro" <l...@engenhosolucoes.com.br>
Subject Re: Newbie help with SELECTS
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:55:49 GMT
Peter Moran wrote:
> Hope someone can help, basically I am new to Embperl.  To explain what I
> am doing, on a single HTML page there are multiple forms (each form
> consisting of a different name), however each of the forms (and data
> within) is inside a sub page called with a Execute.  The problem is that
> the forms post to the same page - updating some of the details, however
> in each of the forms (can be up to 4) each has a select called
> location_id, now when the page is re-copiles with the new data - the
> original posted form and its select (location_id), automatically gets
> selected (from %idat), however as the other forms also have the same
> field name (even though in a different forms namespace), I cannot set
> the other forms to selected, even if I manually have a variable
> [- $select = 'SELECTED' -]
> <SELECT name="location_id"><option value="test" [+ $selected
> +]>TEST</option></SELECT>
>
> It still does not select, I have tried to delete the location_id from
> %idat, but still doesnt help !!!
>

> Any ideas please ?

The magic is in %fdat, set the $fdat{} to the desired value and it
should work.

You can also disable the html input processing on this page using one of
Embperl options that I don't remember exactly now but I think it is
"optDisableHtmlScan" (consult the manual).

Anyway this can be tricky since the POSTED data has no information about
forms namespace and the values will get overlapped.

This kind of complex layout require javascript to work properly.

Regards,

--
Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro
Engenho Soluções para a Internet