perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Terrence Brannon <metap...@urth.org>
Subject a way out of the DBIx::Recordset typeglob quandry
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:36:34 GMT
Most people who look at DBIx::Recordset are immediately suprised/offended by it's use of typeglobs.
For one, you have to predeclare with a separatoe use vars statement whereas scalars can be
created on the fly with my. For another, under mod_perl you have to make sure to clean up
typeglobs as they are package variables.

Personally, all I ever use is the scalar anyway.

Also it would be nice if SetupObject were aliased to new() since most people expect constructors
to be called new().

This interesting module, whose primary purpose was to make XML grokking easier, provides a
possible way for DBIx::Recordset to work without returning typeglobs.

[69.] Object-MultiType - Perl Objects as Hash, Array, Scalar, Code and Glob at the same time.
 Uploaded: Oct 09, 2003
 CPAN id: G/GM/GMPASSOS (Graciliano Monteiro Passos)
          http://search.cpan.org/search?author=GMPASSOS
 Package: Object-MultiType-0.03.tar.gz
          http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Object-MultiType-0.03