perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: DBIx::Recordset - detecting table linkages
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:19:12 GMT

> So, why is it preferable to have different names for foreign and
> primary
> keys if the most succinct SQL can be generated from them having the
> same
> name?

Because if you have a lot of tables in yur db, DBIx::Recordset doesn't knows
which tables to join, if a lot of tables contains the same field name. At
least this is the reason why I choose this aproach. It could be an option to
dectect fields with the same name, but please make it an option, so it
doesn't break anything existing

Gerald