perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Neal Gamradt" <ngamr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: EMBPerl Powered Forum
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:06:53 GMT
Hello Terrance,

I thank you for the feedback.  I was actually going to use DBIx::Abstract
(http://search.cpan.org/author/TURNERA/DBIx-Abstract-1.005/Abstract.pm) I
was wondering of you or anyone knows of any specific reason to use
DBIx::Recordset or DBIx::AnyDBD instead.  I don't like making things
database dependant either because it is usually counter-productive in the
long run.  Eplsite looks interesting and I will check into going that route.

I really have not worked with Embperl 2.0, I usually like to stick to the
stable versions so lately I have been working a lot with EMBPerl 1.3.6 and
Apache 1.3.28.  I have been short on time to play with the new stuff though
it looks like there are a bunch of new and fun functions to use.

Thanks for the Info.,

Neal

From: "Terrence Brannon" <tbone@directsynergy.com>
To: <embperl@perl.apache.org>
Subject: Re: EMBPerl Powered Forum
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 11:26:41 -0700

 > Hello All,
 >
 > I had sent this question right after I signed up to the mailing list and
 > am not sure if it actually made it to everyone.  I was wondering if
anyone
 > had developed a forum using EMBPerl?  I have had trouble finding one that
 > like and I am thinking that I may just build one myself.  Most likely I
will
 > use PostgreSQL as the backend.

If you access the database using DBIx::Recordset and/or DBIx::AnyDBD, then
it should be largely
database independant.

If Embperl 2 is componentized (I havent been keeping up myself very well),
then it could be that it could be developed collarboratively.

Oh! It just hit me, http://www.eplsite.org is a good start for this sort of
thing.