perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kaare Rasmussen <...@kakidata.dk>
Subject Re: What's going on with Embperl???
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:15:00 GMT
Hi

> Embperl is already in a publicly readable cvs server, see CVS.pod in
> your nearest Embperl source.  Daily snapshot tars, etc available too.

So no need for Sourceforge.

> Embperl, being on CPAN, can use the rt.cpan.org bug tracker if needed.

Maybe it could be - if bug reports are being lost as might be concluded from
Neil Gunton's story about nested <DL>'s. Or maybe his bug report is just in a
big pile of other bugs that Gerald hasn't had the time to look into.

> Neither of these actually fix bugs - people fix bugs.  These tools are

But "people" may not be many more than Gerald and maybe you. I don't know if
Neil has an idea about fixing that bug, but most of us are very busy with our
own projects. So much that it would be damaging to these projects to dig deep
into the internals of Embperl.

> Having said that, as Embperl Debian maintainer I'm very happy to
> accept patches and coordinate bug reports through

Personally I don't know of any outstanding bugs and I'd like to see a release
of 2.0. I think it will help Embperl to be used more - which is needed.

> From what I can see, the main thing holding up Embperl 2.0 is updated
> documentation.  Patches cleaning up or consolidating the various bits

People on this list has talked about various kinds of involment. Now is the
time to keep the promises.

One other thing I'd like to see is some kind of coordination - or a greater
level of sharing - og Embperl sources. I think that there ought to be a lot
of code out there that could easily be shared. Both snippets, solutions and
projects.

Howitzvej 75               Åben 12.00-18.00        Email: kar@kakidata.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 12.00-16.00       Web:      www.suse.dk