perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Ruben Safir Secretary NYLXS <ru...@mrbrklyn.com>
Subject Re: What's going on with Embperl???
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:10:54 GMT

> I also have been concerned with Embperl  over the last year or so and I
> have considered migrating to Mason or even PHP.  I still use 1.x since
> it satisfies all that I have needed with the exception of speed (since
> Embperl is pretty much the slowest of the lot).

That is interesting, becayuse when I use mod_perl and objects with
Embperl, I've been able to outperform both PHP,JSP, and Mason under some fairly
heavey loads.

Once the objects are loaded, the programs respond nearly as fast as the
database allows.

Ruben

> I would love to see Embperl really take off

What I like about embperl is that it doesn't do much, and lets me get my
pages activated, and then gets out of my way.  Since I write most code
in Perl Objects with a class structure, I really don't need it to do much.

As for sourceforge, I like that I can install EMBPERL vritually without
thinking from CPAN.

Ruben

--
Brooklyn Linux Solutions