perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Ruben I Safir <ru...@mrbrklyn.com>
Subject Re: What's going on with Embperl???
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:47:56 GMT

> I guess the thing I am most interested in is a more formal way of
> keeping track of the status of bugs... a simple tracking system that
> assigns some sort of ID would do the trick, along with a way to have a
> threaded bulletin board associated with each bug.

there is no need for a threded Bulletian board which is less efficient than
the mailing list.  Generally, the formalized bug programs are all but useless.
They add nothing to getting bugs fixed.  I have outstanding bug reports in
Mozilla, GNOME, and a half dozen other projects which have been around for YEARS.

They all just add a level of complexity to things.

The use of tar balls and CPAN is more than adequate for EMBPERL.

Perhaps you can offer to lend a hand in make the bug fixes?  This would
probibly be the only useful suggestion I can propose.

Sourceforge truly is a PIA.  You can't understand anything on the page,
there are zilllions of useless binaries, every nut case adds their useless
input.  The easiest way of killing a project is to adandon it to sourceforge.

Frankly, your searching for a program to fix your legitimate problems.  But only
elbow greese can really get you to where you want to get to.

I have found Richter to be very responsive over the years (what is it 8 years now).
The only means to speed things up is to use diff and patch and lend some programming
muscle.

Ruben

--
Brooklyn Linux Solutions