perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Andrew O'Brien" <andr...@oriel.com.au>
Subject RE: sharing data across SSI's (Executes)
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:08:38 GMT

If your code is using modules/namespaces (and or explicitly creating
them) then by all means cache things in the namespace. I knew I should
have mentioned that but ... :)

I've sped things up by doing so - just make sure that your code can deal
with the fact that the namespace may or may not contain cached values
and that you properly expire/update the cache when appropriate. Code
that was written for once-offs may need to be slightly rewritten to take
persistence into account.

--
Andrew O'Brien