perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Terrence Brannon" <tb...@directsynergy.com>
Subject Re: EMBPerl Powered Forum
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:26:41 GMT

> Hello All,
>
> I had sent this question right after I signed up to the mailing list and I
> am not sure if it actually made it to everyone.  I was wondering if anyone
> had developed a forum using EMBPerl?  I have had trouble finding one that
> like and I am thinking that I may just build one myself.  Most likely I
will
> use PostgreSQL as the backend.

If you access the database using DBIx::Recordset and/or DBIx::AnyDBD, then
it should be largely
database independant.

If Embperl 2 is componentized (I havent been keeping up myself very well),
then it could be that it could be developed collarboratively.

Oh! It just hit me, http://www.eplsite.org is a good start for this sort of
thing.