perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject Implicit import of *
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:26:54 GMT
I was rather startled when I tried to do this in my EmbperlObject template.

             if ($serviceitem->{status} eq 'CLOSED') {
                 SWC::WebUtil::RedirectTemp(
                     ($ENV{HTTPS} ? 'https' : 'http') .
"://$ENV{HTTP_HOST}/error.html?msgs=Your+web+mail+account+is+closed."
                 );
             } elsif ($serviceitem->{status} eq '') {
                 $rval = Execute({ inputfile => 'purchase.html',
errors => \@errors, options => HTML::Embperl::optReturnError, import
=> 0});
             } else {
                 $rval = Execute({ inputfile => '*', errors =>
\@errors, options => HTML::Embperl::optReturnError, import => 0});
             }

After that I call
	$this->display()
which is a method implemented in both '*' and 'purchase.html'.
However if the second if condition executes, it doesn't call the
method in purchase.html, it calls the one in *.  In fact, I
discovered that the code continues to work even if I don't Execute *.
EmbperlObject is doing an implicit import of *.

1. If all I want to do is import the file, what should I do?  Not
call Execute? What if there's an error while importing, where would I
trap it?
2. How do I force the methods in purchase.html to get called and the
ones in * to be ignored?
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Anti-Spam Service for your POP Account