perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject Re: Embperl Wishes and comments
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2003 19:23:57 GMT
At 10:42 AM -0700 8/3/03, <ckassab@eplsite.org> wrote:
>file index1.epl:
>[- Execute ({ inputfile => 'subs.epl', import=>1 }) -]
>here some body text
>[- Execute ({ inputfile => 'footer.epl'}) -]
>
>file footer.epl:
>
>[- &mysub(); -]
>

>I get the again:
>Undefined subroutine &Embperl::__3::mysub
>
>If it could be solved it would be great.

Yes.  Imports and library loads in general are not inherited.  That's
also true in EmbperlObject and I find it somewhat of a pain there as
well.  I'd like to keep those components as simple as possible, which
means not having to say things like:
	[$ var $this $][- $this = shift; use lib Error qw(:try); -]
in every single one.

I suspect one way around this is to force them to all be in the same
package, but I'm not sure.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Anti-Spam Service for your POP Account