perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Kee Hinckley <naz...@somewhere.com>
Subject Re: Embperl Wishes and comments
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2003 16:59:23 GMT
At 8:26 AM -0700 8/3/03, <ckassab@eplsite.org> wrote:
>  > At 10:37 PM -0700 8/2/03, <ckassab@eplsite.org> wrote:
>>>I know nobody ask for it but i would want to say my wishes.
>>>
>>>- Embperlobject is great but, is it posible to have for embperl 2 the
>>>feature to call subs from other files without using embperl object?
>>>maybe it is good to avoid the file search used in embperlobject using
>>>the base file base.epl.
>>
>>  Just call Execute with the import option.
>>

>I have tryed with this:
>
>file subs.epl:
>[- sub mysub {    print OUT "hello"; } -]
>
>file index1.epl:
>[- Execute ({ inputfile => 'subs.epl', import => 1 }) -]
>[- &mysub(); -]
>
>And i get the next error:
>Undefined subroutine &Embperl::__1::mysub
>
>What am i doing wrong?

What happens if you use

[$ sub mysub $]
[- print OUT "hello"; -]
[$ endsub $]

instead?

Then again, perhaps I'm mis-remembering.  Most of my current sites
are EmbperlObject sites, so it's possible I've never done that in
straight Embperl.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Anti-Spam Service for your POP Account