perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Joshua Spoerri <j...@yucs.org>
Subject Re: chaining Links ?
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 03:47:23 GMT
I don't think this is my case.

In the example, table A has field "B_id", but table B has field
"C_id_with_another_name".

So I don't need a "!Links" parameter for A to B, and of course my B
recordset object has a "!Links" parameter connecting B to C, but when A
links to B, it is to _the table B_, and not to _the recordset object B_,
so it doesn't know that the _table_ referred to by $A{-B} should have a
{-C} entry. It can't be automatically detected.

The reason that I can't just name the field C_id instead of
C_id_with_another_name is because there are actually two different links
from B to C.