perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Brian Burke <bbu...@lssi.net>
Subject sharing data across SSI's (Executes)
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:17:56 GMT

I have an Embperl question that hopefully someone can
help me solve.  Bear with me, I'll try to illustrate the
problem.

I run apache mod_perl with Embperl 1.3.4.  I realize
this is the old version, but I don't have the time, resources,
or access level to do something about this.  I have code
in which I implement server side includes in embperl
documents using Execute.  example -

[- $test = true; -]
<!-- this is index.html -->
[- Execute ('form.inc') -]

where form.inc contains html to include for rendering a form.

My question is, is there a way with Embperl 1.3.4 to
share a perl variable (have the Executed page inherit
the value)?  For example, in the simple index.html
example, above, is there a way for me to access the value
of $test from within form.inc?  Is there a different way to
accomplish this?

thanks in advance,
Brian B.