perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Gerald Richter <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Magic
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 18:47:20 GMT

> Now could someone please explain to me how it is that *'s processForm
> method appropriately gets invoked when I call $this->processForm,
> even though I call $this->processForm BEFORE I call Execute('*')?

Because the Embperl request object ($this in your case) is setup by
Embperl::Object to be a object of the called page ('*'), which in turn
inherits from your base template. This is one important feature
Embperl::Object does for you, because you can override methods of your base
template in the requested page, before you invoke the page itself.

Gerald