perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Gerald Richter <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Global 'use strict' in 2.x once again
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 18:36:13 GMT

> The first time I open the page after adding the [$ var $dummy $], I get an
> expected error-message saying:
>
> If I then refresh the page once or twice, the error-message looks like this
> instead:

This is because the page isn't recompiled and Embperl isn't able to save all
of the error message. As soon as you change the file, Embperl recompiles it
and you will get again all error messages.

> And then I can go on refreshing the page, and the error-message alternates
> between these three versions. That is strange, especially that the third
> version doesn't warn about the variable $dat_rubriker.

If you continue to refresh you will hit a new apache child form time to time,
which will recompile the file and show all the messages again.

Hope this helps

Gerald