perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Gerald Richter <>
Subject Re: Segmentation faults...
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 18:33:09 GMT
> What is the best way to debug segmentation faults? Randomly all of my
> apache children are segfaulting. I am fairly certain this is due to some
> Embperl code being ran, but I don't know where to look, or how to start
> looking...

First of all compile Embperl with

perl Makefile.PL debug
make install

this will cause the compile to include debug symbols. Then you can start your
Apache under gdb:

gdb /path/to/httpd

next you need to set the comandline argument for apache, use -X to get a
singel process only:

set args -X -f /path /to/httpd.conf

enter a "r" to start APache, now do your requests and when it segfaults enter
"BT" this will print out a stack backtrace, send it to me and we will see
what's gone wrong

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message