perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Richard Schilling <rschill...@nationalinformatics.net>
Subject escaping and default behavior for optRawInput with spaceship operators in HTML::Embperl -vs- Embperl-2.0b9
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:55:02 GMT

Ran into a funny little thing.

In HTML::Embperl 2.0b5, the default behavior for spaceship operators
requires the use of '\':

	@f = \<INPUTFILE>;

otherwise the data is not read.

In Embperl 2.0b9, the default behavor seems to treat the spaceship
operator as raw input, requiring this:

	@f = <INPUTFILE>;

Of course, I can set EMBPERL_OPTIONS to optRawInput with HTML::Embperl
2.0b5 and then I don't have to change any Embperl code to run on both
versions.

Did the default behavior change from version to version?

Whatever the case, I'll offer up some documentation to add to the
distribution once I'm sure as to what's going on. . .

Personally, I'd like to default behavior to be optRawInput set.  Since
the goal of escaping seems to be aimed at dealing with WISIWIG editors,
it makes more sense to me to require a sysadmin to enable escaping to
deal with their particular editor.

Richard Schilling