perl-embperl mailing list archives

From Gerald Richter <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Radio buttons and Embperl Validate
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2003 19:01:22 GMT

> I am using Embperl Validation for form fields. One field has a set of radio
> buttons, all with the same name, but different values. I'd like to ensure
> that at least one of them is clicked. I am using this data structure for
> it:
>
> 	[-key => 'data',
>   	-name => 'information type',
>   	-msg => 'Please select the type of information you remember.',
>   	required =>'1',
> 	],
>
> But the corresponding javascript for it does not seem to be correct. Is
> there some way to specify a group of radio buttons like that which I am
> missing?

There is currently no JavaSCript included for validating Radio Buttons. It's
on my TODO list. In case you have some JS code that does the job I am happy
to include it in the Embperl distribution.

> I also tried to use the "Email" type in another validation form, but the
> error I received stated that it could not find Embperl::Form::Email (with a
> capital M, as stated in the docuemntation at
> http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/doc/EmbperlFormValidate.-page-4-.htm#sec
>t _7 - Damn Outlook keeps changing the M to lower case!). Is it called
> something else, or just not in this build?

I have missed to put the Embperl/Form/Validate/EMail.pm in the 2.0b9 realase.
YOu can grab it from the CVS.

Gerald