perl-embperl mailing list archives

From "Gerald Richter" <rich...@ecos.de>
Subject Re: Implicit import of *
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 03:34:42 GMT

> EmbperlObject is doing an implicit import of *.

Yes, your $this pointer if always blessed into the '*' file, so your call to
any method in the '*' file doesn't need an import at all.

> 1. If all I want to do is import the file, what should I do?  Not
> call Execute?
yes

> What if there's an error while importing, where would I
> trap it?

Normaly the only error should a syntax error which should be eliminated
during development time. If you still to trap errors either use an Apache
Error page or put the code in a separate sub and call it via Execute
('*#mysub') ;

> 2. How do I force the methods in purchase.html to get called and the
> ones in * to be ignored?

You need to overload the methods in '*', e.g.

                 $obj = Execute({ object => 'purchase.html',
errors => \@errors, options => HTML::Embperl::optReturnError});

bless $this, ref $obj ;

Gerald

> --